Thursday, July 26, 2012

Sewing Area Tackle Box Storage Solution

Everyone seemed to really enjoy my last post concerning one of my storage solutions for my sewing area, so I thought I would share another of my repurposed storage solutions.

This one is courtesy of the Plano Molding Outlet store in Plano, Illinois where I was able to find this tackle storage box for about $15, if I remember correctly. That is at least half of what one of these storage boxes would cost in a retail store. As soon as I saw it, I knew that I could use it to organize all of the little bits and pieces that would otherwise be strewn about my sewing desk haphazardly.

Now I realize that it's not that pretty to look at, but it definitely makes up for its lackluster appearance in functionality. You can really tell from the pictures, but on the very top of the lid, where the darker colored areas are, there are two small storage areas where I like to keep all of my magnetic purse closures and keychain clasps. Very handy.


Lift the lid and there is deep storage where I like to keep my commonly used thread spools and my pincushions.


When you lift open the very front of the container, there are four drawers with a plethora of storage areas for all kinds of small items. I like to keep my extra bobbins, thimbles and other various sewing bits and pieces in the top drawer.


The second drawer is where I concentrate all of my different sewing feet attachments. In the center, I used small jewelry boxes to contain similar feet that I had multiples of, such as zipper feet.


The wide containment area of the third drawer is perfect for all of my extra machine and sewing needles.


Finally, the fourth drawer houses more of my sewing machine needles, my handy chalk pen and chalk refills, various pens and pencils and smaller spools of thread that conveniently fit into the long, small spaces.

I hope you have enjoyed seeing my uncommon organization solution for my sewing area and I hope it inspires you to take a second look at storage solutions that you might have never considered before.


Visit thecsiproject.com





2 comments:

  1. I keep all my sewing stuff in a shoe box and they need a forever home pretty soon. This is a great solution! Stopping by from the CSI project

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the post! I'm the only one in the family that knows how to sew. My wife and 2 daughters have no idea. We inherited one of the old plastic sewing boxes that break with age and its days are done. Current sewing boxes may look nice but, functionally, just don't cut it. Krystal, my wife suggested a tackle box and the one you picked is perfect.

    Thanks again.
    Bill

    ReplyDelete