Sunday, July 15, 2012

Simplicity 2911 Purse 1.0 Version

A very dear friend of mine recently asked if I could make her a purse similar to one she already owned. I told her I would definitely give it a shot.

She wanted a relatively small, rectangular shaped purse with a large strap so that she could wear the purse across her body. She also wanted a key holder, an exterior pocket and a few interior pockets.

After consulting my rather substantial collection of purse patterns (thank you Jo Ann Fabric for having so many $0.99 pattern sales), I settled on Simplicity's pattern number 2911.



The hipster purse in the set of patterns seemed like it would be a perfect choice. It is almost exactly the same size as her original purse, so I thought that it would be a good starting point.

The only changes that I really had to make to the pattern was to add an additional internal pocket (the original pattern only had one internal pocket) and to add zippers to the external pocket and another zipper to one of the internal pockets. And I also added a key holder, although when I added the key holder, I centered it on the purse, which actually put it almost in the way of the magnetic closure.

I'll still offer her this purse, but I decided that I could make a better version for her. Unfortunately, you'll have to check out my next post to see my upgrade.

In the mean time, I'll let you see the finished product of my Simplicity 2911 purse. The 1.0 version anyway.




I Heart Nap Time



No comments:

Post a Comment